17 July 2010

The Friday 56

I found this via my lovely wife's blog of randomness and she found it on Shiloh Walker's blog who found it at The Bookaholic Zone who got it from Storytime With Tonya & Friends which, as far as we can tell, seems to be the originator.


Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.

* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


As usual, equally distant from me are multiple gaming books (including a GURPS book, three HackMaster books, and a slew of video game cheat books), so I think I'll go with our newly acquired copy of In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan which is stacked on top of all the gaming books:

"(Often to the rousing accompaniment of special chewing songs.)"

That's just ambiguously hilarious enough that I'm not going to post any more of the book (especially since I'm not that far along yet since I'm reading two other books right now). But seriously, go pick up a copy (or at least borrow one).  Eat food.  Not too much.  Mostly plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment